This semester, the ARC Learning Assistants (LAs) will be offering tutoring support for students enrolled in NYU Shanghai courses! To book an appointment with a Learning Assistant (LA), you can log into WCOnline. If it is your first time using the site, you will need to register first. Click the full Guide to find out how to schedule an appointment with an ARC Learning Assistant. Click here for more information about online-specific resources.
Hours: 9am to 8pm, Monday - Thursday
9am to 5pm, Friday
Contact: email@example.com Schedule an Appointment
Who We Are
ARC Learning Assistants (LA) are NYU Shanghai student tutors who provide course-specific academic support for NYU Shanghai students in and out of the classroom. LAs work closely with faculty and ARC professionals to support student success and promote independent and active learning. LAs provide Individual and small-group tutoring in a variety of STEM, Business, Economics, IMA, and Chinese Language courses.
View current LAs' biographies here.
Where We Are
- Most course tutoring sessions take place in the ARC, Room W523, New Bund Campus. Location for larger-group study sessions will be announced before the individual sessions.
- IMA tutoring sessions take place in the IMA Lab (Room N306 for Communication Lab and Creative Coding Lab, Room N406 for the Interaction Lab and Application Lab).
- Chinese tutoring sessions take place in the Chinese Clinic (Room W732).
You may ask the Information Assistant (IA) at the front desk outside of the ARC for assistance if you can’t find your appointed Learning Assistant.
Spring 2023 LA-supported Courses
- Mathematics: Calculus, Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, Probability & Statistics
- Computer Science & Engineering: Intro to Computer Programming, Intro to Computer and Data Science, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Machine Learning, Databases, Algorithms
- Sciences: Foundations of Biology I, Foundations of Chemistry II, General Physics II, Intro to Linguistics: The Science of Human Language,
- Business/Finance: Foundations of Finance, Principles of Financial Accounting, Stats for Business & Economics, Business Analytics, Corporate Finance
- Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Economics of Global business
- Interactive Media Arts/Interactive Media Business: Interaction Lab, Communications Lab, Application Lab, Creative Coding Lab
- Chinese: Elementary & Intermediate & Advanced Chinese