This semester, the ARC Learning Assistants (LAs) will be offering tutoring support for students enrolled in NYU Shanghai courses! To book an appointment with a Learning Assistant (LA), you can log into WCOnline. If it is your first time using the site, you will need to register first. Click the full Guide to find out how to schedule an appointment with an ARC Learning Assistant. Click here for more information about online-specific resources.
Who We Are
ARC Learning Assistants (LA) are NYU Shanghai student tutors who provide course-specific academic support for NYU Shanghai students in and out of the classroom. LAs work closely with faculty and ARC professionals to support student success and promote independent and active learning. LAs provide Individual and small-group tutoring in a variety of STEM, Business, Economics, IMA, and Chinese Language courses.
View current LAs' biographies here.
Where We Are
- Most course tutoring sessions take place in the ARC, Room W523, New Bund Campus. Location for larger-group study sessions will be announced before the individual sessions.
- IMA tutoring sessions take place in the IMA Lab (Room N306 for Communications Lab and Creative Coding Lab, Room N406 for the Interaction Lab and Innovation Lab).
- Chinese tutoring sessions take place in the Chinese Clinic (Room W523).
You may ask the Information Assistant (IA) at the front desk outside of the ARC for assistance if you can’t find your appointed Learning Assistant.
Fall 2023 LA-supported Courses
- Mathematics: Precalculus, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, Probability & Statistics
- Computer Science & Engineering: Intro to Computer Programming, Intro to Computer and Data Science, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Machine Learning, Databases, Information Visualization
- Natural Science: Foundations of Biology II, Foundations of Chemistry I, General Physics I, Intro to Linguistics: The Science of Human Language
- Business/Finance: Foundations of Finance, Principles of Financial Accounting, Stats for Business & Economics, Business Analytics, Corporate Finance
- Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Economics of Global business
- Interactive Media Arts/Interactive Media Business: Interaction Lab, Communications Lab, Creative Coding Lab, Innovation Lab
- Chinese: Elementary & Intermediate & Advanced Chinese