This semester, the ARC Learning Assistants (LAs) will be offering both in-person and online support for students enrolled in NYU Shanghai! To book an appointment (either in person or online) with a Learning Assistant (LA), you can log into WCOnline. If it is your first time using the site, you will need to register first. Click the full Guide to find out how to schedule an appointment with an ARC Learning Assistant.
If you're learning virtually at NYU Shanghai, you're welcome to book an online session. Click here for more information about online-specific resources.
Who We Are
ARC Learning Assistants (LA) are NYU Shanghai student tutors who provide course-specific academic support for NYU Shanghai students in and out of the classroom. LAs work closely with faculty and ARC professionals to support student success and promote independent and active learning. LAs provide Individual and small-group tutoring in a variety of STEM, Business, Economics, IMA, and Chinese Language courses.
View current LAs' biographies here.
Where We Are
- Most course tutoring sessions take place in the ARC, 5th floor, Academic Building. Location for larger-group study sessions will be announced before the individual sessions.
- IMA tutoring sessions take place in the IMA Lab (Room 826).
- Chinese tutoring sessions take place in the Chinese Clinic (Room 965).
You may ask the Information Assistant (IA) at the front desk outside of the ARC for assistance if you can’t find your appointed Learning Assistant.
Spring 2022 LA-supported Courses
- Mathematics: Precalculus, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, Probability & Statistics
- Computer Science & Engineering: Intro to Computer Programming, Intro to Computer and Data Science, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Machine Learning, Databases
- Sciences: Foundations of Biology I, Intro to Linguistics: The Science of Human Language
- Business/Finance: Introduction to Marketing, Foundations of Finance, Principles of Financial Accounting, Stats for Business & Economics, Doing Business with China
- Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Economics of Global Business
- Interactive Media Arts/Interactive Media Business: Interaction Lab, Communications Lab, Creative Coding Lab
- Chinese: Elementary & Intermediate & Advanced Chinese