The Office for Community Engaged Learning (CEL) has collected the following resources to help faculty plan and implement community engaged learning in their courses. The CEL Course Development Guidelines serves as an overall guide.
Step by Step Resources
Step 1: Developing your learning goals
- Stanford Workbook. Chapter: Designing Cardinal Courses.
Step 2: Working with community partners
Step 3: Integrating reflection to develop critical thinking
Step 4: Evaluation
- Reflection Rubrics by Michigan State University
- Academic Service-Learning at NYU Shanghai and 上海纽约大学服务性学习课程案例 by Community Engaged Learning Office
- Service Learning Toolkit by Michigan State University
- Challenges and Opportunities of Community Engaged Teaching by Vanderbilt University
- Haas Center for Public Service at Stanford University