NYU Shanghai regularly partners with other NYU schools to host study away programs in Shanghai for graduate students. These programs can run at any time during the year, although they are usually scheduled during January term or summer term. Typically, these programs consist of short, immersive, for-credit academic experiences that explore current issues and events relevant to China and the world at large. All together, these programs bring more than 300 graduate students to NYU Shanghai every year.
In recent years, programs have included the following:
- Annual Shanghai modules of various NYU Stern programs, such as the Executive MBA, Master of Science in Business Analytics, Master of Science in Global Finance, and TRIUM Global Executive MBA
- NYU Law in Shanghai (annual Spring semester program)
- Two one-week courses during Summer term offered by NYU School of Professional Studies, about (i) the Changing Political, Economic, and Energy Landscape of China Today, in 2018, and (ii) Sports Business in China, in 2017
- Three two-week courses offered by NYU Steinhardt, about (i) Global Food Cultures, during Summer 2018, (ii) Disability in a Global Context, during Summer 2018 and Summer 2017, and (iii) Cross-Cultural Counseling, during Summer 2017 and J-term 2019
- A two-week course during Summer term offered by NYU Wagner about Urbanization and Sustainable Development in 2019, 2018, and 2017
- A two-week course during Summer term offered by NYU Silver about human services and social work in China in 2019