In addition to Writing and Speaking Consultations, the ARC’s Writing & Speaking Fellows can help you sharpen your academic skills in a variety of areas, some of which are listed below. Drop in or schedule a one-on-one Academic Skills Coaching appointment with a Writing & Speaking Fellow on WCOnline by clicking on the Appointment button above.
*Please note: Only Global Writing & Speaking Fellows can facilitate consultations on academic skills. Please be certain you have booked a Fellow and not an undergraduate Writing & Speaking Learning Assistant by checking the tutor’s biography on WCOnline or by checking the list of fellows here.
Why might you book an academic skills consultation?
- You are struggling to take detailed enough notes in your classes
- You frequently find yourself turning in your assignments at the last minute or late
- You pull all-nighters to finish assignments
- You don’t know how to prepare for your tests
- You want to bring your grades up but aren’t sure where to begin
- You don’t know how to talk to your professors
- You find it difficult to keep up with or contribute to class discussions
- You feel you are struggling with procrastination
Fellows can work with you on the following academic skills (and more):
- Exam preparation
- Time management
- Communication with professors
- Class participation
Please refer to the Writing and Speaking Consultation Policies when making an Academic Skills Coaching appointment.
Unable to book an academic skills consultation or need a quick refresher on major topics? Click here to access a folder of academic skills coaching resources.