Academic advising is an ongoing dialogue between students and advisers to help students achieve their educational and personal goals.
What Can Academic Advising Do for You?
Advisers can provide assistance with the following:
- An understanding of core and course requirements for the student’s major of choice
- Assistance with course selection and registration
- Evaluation of progression toward degree requirements
- Connection to tutoring and academic support services through the Academic Resource Center
- Referrals to campus resources
- Information about NYU Shanghai and NYU academic policies