An official transcript is a comprehensive record of a student's academic progress at New York University Shanghai. Official transcripts are issued in two formats:
- Signed & sealed paper transcript - The first three documents requested in a semester are free of charge; after that, there is a RMB 20 fee per document.
- Secure PDF electronic transcript
How to Request an Official Transcript
You can request an official paper transcript from the NYU Shanghai Office of the Registrar by either 1) submitting your request in this NYU Shanghai Registrar Documents and Transcripts; 2) physically visiting the office in the Pudong Academic Campus Building, Suite 1049, or 3) sending an email from your NYU email account to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can request an official transcript from the Albert Student Center. The Request official transcript link can be found under the My Academics section of Albert Student Center.
Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has been put on hold for an outstanding University obligation.
Tip: Before you complete your request, check to ensure that all your grades have been posted. If you are a recent graduate, also check to ensure that your degree has been posted. You can view all posted grades and ensure that your degree has been recorded by viewing your unofficial transcript.
Your can request Statement of University Status as Addendum to Official Transcript.
SPECIAL HANDLING: If your request requires special handling, you must request a paper transcript from the NYU Shanghai Office of the Registrar. Specify your special handling instructions in writing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Special handling includes:
1. Sending paper transcripts to yourself in separate sealed envelopes addressed to admissions offices of other universities.
2. Sending paper transcripts with additional documents to be sent along with the NYU Shanghai transcript. Additional documents can be sent to our office via mail or email, or may be hand-delivered.
3. DHL Express Delivery: The Office of the Registrar can assist students that are not on campus to deliver the paper transcripts via express mail. The international express mail service provider used by the Registrar's Office is DHL. Please note that requesting documents to be sent via DHL does not guarantee the processing time. All requests are processed in the order in which the requests are received.
a. For express delivery, send the request to email@example.com with detailed contact information of receiver(s) (i.e. name of school/institute/company, address, post code, contact person, telephone number).
b. Note that all express-related expenses incurred shall be borne by the student requestor. Students need to prepare the international shipping label by themselves.
Undergraduate students please note: Your academic advisor is a critical resource for making important academic decisions. Be sure to consult with your advisor if you are considering attending a summer session or study abroad program at another university or if you are considering transferring out of NYU to complete your degree elsewhere.