Spring 2020 Online ARC Appointments
ARC will be offering distance support for students who are enrolled in NYU Shanghai courses through online sessions until the campus reopens, at which point the ARC will also offer in-person appointments as usual. If you are taking classes at another campus/site, you are also encouraged to take advantage of academic support resources available at those locations. You can log on to WCOnline to book an appointment with a Global Writing & Speaking Fellow or a Learning Assistant. See here for more information.
Individual and Group Tutoring
Who we are:
ARC Learning Assistants (LA) are NYU Shanghai student tutors who provide course-specific academic support to NYU Shanghai students in and out of the classroom. LAs work closely with faculty and ARC staff to support student success and promote independent and active learning. LAs provide Individual and small-group tutoring in over 30 STEM, Business, Economics, IMA/IMB, and Chinese Language courses.
Where to find us:
- Most course tutoring sessions take place in the ARC, 5th floor, Academic Building. Location for larger-group study sessions will be announced before the individual sessions.
- IMA tutoring sessions take place in the IMA Lab (Room 826).
- Chinese tutoring sessions take place in the Chinese Clinic (Room 965).
You may ask the Information Assistant (IA) at the front desk outside of the ARC for assistance if you can’t find your appointed Learning Assistant.
Spring 2020 LA-supported Courses:
- Mathematics: PreCalculus, Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Probability & Statistics
- Computer Science & Engineering: Intro to Computer Programming, Intro to Computer Science, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Networking, Computer Architecture
- Sciences: Foundations of Chemistry II, Foundations of Biology I, General Physics II, Foundations of Physics II Honors
- Chinese: Elementary & Intermediate Chinese, Introduction to Chinese Conversation
- Business/Finance & Marketing: Foundations of Finance, Principles of Financial Accounting, Stats for Business & Economics, Corporate Finance, Business Analytics
- Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Economics of Global Business, Econometrics
- Interactive Media Arts: Interaction Lab, Communications Lab, Application Lab
By attending a tutoring session, you will:
- Engage more deeply with course content, and engage more broadly with definitions and applications of course concepts.
- Identify and use appropriate campus resources, habits, and opportunities that contribute to their academic and personal success.
- Develop a connection with the NYUSH community and establish a college identity and a sense of belonging.
- Develop positive relationships and display appropriate academic demeanor with peers, staff, and faculty.
Appointments & Walk-ins
Course tutoring sessions are held in the form of office hours. Students are free to attend a session without an advance appointment. Full schedule of course tutoring sessions can be found on WC Online under specific discipline tabs.
- Calculus Course Prep
- Precalculus Course Prep
Find the schedule and RSVP on OrgSync.