Fall 2020 ARC Appointments - Course Tutoring
This semester, the ARC will be offering both in-person and online support for students enrolled in NYU Shanghai!
If you are located in Shanghai, you're welcome to join both in-person and online Course Tutoring sessions. To book an appointment (either in person or online) with a Learning Assistant (LA), you can log into WCOnline. If it is your first time using the site, you will need to register first.
If you're learning virtually at NYU Shanghai, you're welcome to book an online session. Click here for more information about online-specific resources.
*For Go-Local students, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with ARC LAs for the courses offered by NYU Shanghai campus. If you are enrolled in a classes offered by another campus/site, you are encouraged to take advantage of academic support resources available at those locations. Please refer to this page for more information about academic support for Go-Local students.
Individual and Group Tutoring
Who we are:
ARC Learning Assistants (LA) are NYU Shanghai student tutors who provide course-specific academic support to NYU Shanghai students in and out of the classroom. LAs work closely with faculty and ARC professionals to support student success and promote independent and active learning. LAs provide Individual and small-group tutoring in a variety of STEM, Business, Economics, IMA/IMB, and Chinese Language courses.
Where to find us:
- Most course tutoring sessions take place in the ARC, 5th floor, Academic Building. Location for larger-group study sessions will be announced before the individual sessions.
- IMA tutoring sessions take place in the IMA Lab (Room 826).
- Chinese tutoring sessions take place in the Chinese Clinic (Room 965).
You may ask the Information Assistant (IA) at the front desk outside of the ARC for assistance if you can’t find your appointed Learning Assistant.
Fall 2020 LA-supported Courses:
- Mathematics: PreCalculus, Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Probability & Statistics, Linear Algebra
- Computer Science & Engineering: Intro to Computer Programming, Intro to Computer Science, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Databases
- Sciences: Foundations of Chemistry I, Organic Chemistry I, Foundations of Biology II, General Physics I, Foundations of Physics I Honors, Intro to Linguistics: The Science of Human Language
- Chinese: Elementary & Intermediate Chinese, Introduction to Chinese Conversation
- Business/Finance: Foundations of Finance, Principles of Financial Accounting, Stats for Business & Economics, Corporate Finance
- Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Econometrics
- Interactive Media Arts/Interactive Media Business: Interaction Lab, Communications Lab, Application Lab, Creative Coding Lab, Life Design
By attending a tutoring session, you will:
- Engage more deeply with course content, and engage more broadly with definitions and applications of course concepts.
- Identify and use appropriate campus resources, habits, and opportunities that contribute to their academic and personal success.
- Develop a connection with the NYUSH community and establish a college identity and a sense of belonging.
- Develop positive relationships and display appropriate academic demeanor with peers, staff, and faculty.
Appointments & Walk-ins
Course tutoring sessions are held in the form of office hours. Students are free to attend a session without an advance appointment. Full schedule of course tutoring sessions can be found on WCOnline under specific discipline tabs.