Students may choose to take a personal leave of absence for internships, financial considerations, family responsibilities, or social engagement purposes.
Things to Consider
- Academic - How will your academic progress and graduation plan be impacted? Schedule an appointment and discuss with your academic advisor.
- Financial - How will your financial aid or scholarship package be impacted? Contact the Financial Aid team to learn more. Check the Tuition Refund Policy and schedule.
- Housing - Will you need to cancel or move out of student housing? Contact the Residential Life team.
Requesting a Leave of Absence
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss taking a personal leave of absence.
- (Optional) Reach out to the Financial Aid team to learn about the potential impact on financial aid.
- Make a final decision and submit the leave of absence request.
- Once leave is approved, you will receive an email confirmation.