Students may choose to take a personal leave of absence because of internship, financial, family responsibility, and social engagement reasons.
Deadline: add/drop deadline for current and future term
Things to Consider
- Academic - How will your academic progress and graduation plan be impacted? Schedule an appointment and discuss with your academic advisor.
- Financial - How will your financial aid or scholarship package be impacted? Contact the Financial Aid team to learn more. Check the Tuition Refund Policy and schedule.
- Housing - Do you need to cancel or move out of student housing? Contact the Residential Life team.
Request Leave of Absence
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss taking a personal leave of absence.
- (Optional) Reach out to the Financial Aid team for questions about the impact of financial aid.
- Make a final decision and submit the leave of absence request.
- Receive an email confirmation once the leave has been approved.