In an alumni programming survey participated by NYU Shanghai students, students were asked to rank six potential pathways for connecting to NYU alumni. On average, the two most highly ranked options were the “Alumni Industry Panel Discussion” and the “Alumni Career Panel Discussion.” The NYU Global Alumni Programs and the NYU Shanghai Career Development Center took this feedback and designed the “Distinguished Alumni Speaker Series” to provide students with cutting edge industry updates from eminent professionals and develop in-depth engagement between alumni and students.
Each semester, we invite one distinguished alumnus/a or form an alumni panel to visit NYU Shanghai and to speak to our students about their industry and their career paths.
Past speakers include:
- Wayne Lee (Stern MS ’03), Business Director, Daton Securities Co., Ltd.
- Woody Wu (Stern PhD ’92), Professor, School of Accountancy, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Ronald Chan (Stern BS '02), Chief Investment Officer, Chartwell Capial Limited
- Peng Jin (Stern BS '98), Partner, Keytone Ventures
- Walter Tong (Stern MBA ’93, Undergraduate ’89), Greater China Managing Partner for Key Accounts, Ernst & Young. Session moderator: Will Hsieh (Stern MBA '00), Head of Regional F2P Publishing, Operations & Strategy, Electronic Arts Computer Software