On behalf of the entire NYU Shanghai team, congratulations on your acceptance to NYU Shanghai and welcome to the NYU Shanghai family! Entering college and moving into your freshman-year residence hall can be a busy and stressful time, especially when that residence hall is half a world away from home for some of you. In order to make your arrival process as smooth and stress-free as possible, it is important to be prepared. This section provides important information on how to prepare before you arrive on campus and what to expect once you have made NYU Shanghai your home. Please go through the following pre-arrival checklist carefully.
How can you prepare for your first year at NYU Shanghai? Follow the links below to make sure you've got all the information you need:
- Check the Visa page to find out how to get your Visa to China
- Learn how to purchase your tickets to Shanghai through NYU Traveler's Egencia (read booking guideline for Egencia)
- Visit the Residential Life page to find out about the NYU Shanghai Residence Hall.
- Get knowledge on Life in Shanghai to prepare your transition to this new city well
- Read our Packing Tips before you pack your luggage
- Set up your official NYU email address and explore IT Support Services
- Find the Academic Calendar on Registration page
- Explore Academic Advising at NYU Shanghai
After our initial welcome emails in mid May, we will be sending you a series of emails with important information on preparing for the fall. You will receive the following emails via your official NYU email address between now and August (Shanghai time):
May 14th- Activate NYU Email and DUO, Visa Survey Submission, etc.
June 11th- Housing Application for International Students, High School Transcript Submission, etc.
June 25th- Course Registration for International Students, Chinese Language Placement Exam, etc.
July 9th- Flight Info Submission, Airport Pickup Schedule, Move-in Arrangement, etc.
July 23rd- Welcome Chinese Students, Required Online Orientation Module, etc.
July 30th- Required Summer Reading Information, etc.
August 13th- Official Orientation Schedule, Final Move In Day Logistics, etc.