This page provides important information and links for first-year students who will start their fall semester at NYU Shanghai. Please read the following information carefully. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Step 1: Activating Your NYU Email
- Step 2: Applying for a Student Visa (International Students)
- Step 3: Check Your Summer Newsletters
- Step 4: Semester Housing
- Step 5: Online Orientation (Mandatory)
Step 1: Activating Your NYU Email
The summer before you arrive at NYU Shanghai, you will receive important information, tasks, and deadlines via your NYU email. Please activate your NYU email with the following guidance and check your email from time to time.
Activate your NYU email and avoid missing important information and deadlines.
Access your NYU Email and Google Apps for NYU.
- Watch the videos to learn how to use NYU Calendar, Drive and Gmail.
- Set up NYU Shanghai VPN (*Note: NYU Shanghai VPN will be available in late July.)
NYU’s DUO Multi-Factor Authentication protocol is a mandatory information security measure that protects your NYU email and other NYU affiliated accounts. After setting up your account, you will be able to access your NYU Email and Google Apps for NYU through NYU Home.
If you have any questions related to the VPN, DUO or overall technological concerns feel free to reach out to the NYU Shanghai IT Help Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Applying for a Student Visa (International Students)
All international students must have a valid China student visa to study in China. The Student Mobility Team will issue you an official invitation letter confirming that you are enrolled at NYU Shanghai after you complete the Visa Survey. This is one of the crucial pieces of documentation you will need for getting your visa. The Visa Survey will be included in the first summer newsletter in mid May. Any delay in filling out the survey may negatively impact whether you will be able to study at NYU Shanghai. Check the Visa Page to learn more about getting a Student Visa to China. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Step 3: Check Your Summer Newsletters
Timeline for Summer Communication:
Please note the following:
- Due to the different admissions process, students with Chinese nationality will start receiving official correspondence from July 21, 2023.
- The newsletter schedule and contents might change with advanced notice.
Step 4: Semester Housing
Apply for Housing Before Coming:
- Check out more about NYU Shanghai Housing on the Residential Education & Housing page.
- Packing Tips - What should you bring for university life?