On behalf of the entire NYU Shanghai team, congratulations on your acceptance to NYU Shanghai and welcome to the NYU Shanghai family! NYU Shanghai is NYU’s newest degree-granting campus, joining NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU's campus in New York City. NYU Shanghai offers a study away option for students interested in a semester or year studying in this exciting business and cultural center.
Shanghai is an endlessly exciting place, rich in discoveries and new opportunities. With a population estimated to be between 16 million and 24 million, it will grow and change before your eyes. Witness the development of a city that is quickly becoming a major player on the world stage. A fast-moving, cosmopolitan place, Shanghai has opportunities that attract a variety of interests. For more information about studying abroad at NYU Shanghai, please visit here.
Moving into your study away site residence hall can be a busy and stressful time, especially when that residence hall is half a world away from home for some of you. In order to make your arrival process as smooth and stress-free as possible, it is important to be prepared. This section provides important information on how to prepare before you arrive on campus and what to expect once you have made NYU Shanghai your home. Please go through the following pre-arrival checklist carefully.
How can you prepare for your first year at NYU Shanghai? Follow the links below to make sure you've got all the information you need:
- Check the Visa page to find out how to get your Visa to China
- Learn how to purchase your tickets to Shanghai through NYU Traveler's Egencia (read booking guideline for Egencia)
- Visit the Residential Life page and fill out the housing application
- Get knowledge on Life in Shanghai to prepare your transition to this new city well
- Read our Packing Tips before you pack your luggage
- Set up your official NYU email address and explore IT Support Services