Moving into your study away site can be both exciting and overwhelming. In order to make your arrival as smooth and stress-free as possible, it is important to be prepared.
This section provides important information on how to prepare before you arrive on campus and what to expect once you have made NYU Shanghai your home. Please go through the pre-arrival checklist carefully before you embark on your journey to Shanghai.
How can you prepare for your arrival at NYU Shanghai? Follow the links below to make sure you've got all the information you need:
- Set up your official NYU email address and explore IT Support Services.
- Check emails from NYU Office of Global Programs to complete pre-departure tasks, orientations and workshops
- Check the Visa page to learn about getting your Visa to China
- Purchase your tickets to Shanghai. NYU Traveler's Egencia is NYU’s preferred online booking tool, you can read the booking guidelines for Egencia here.
- Visit the NYU Shanghai Residential Education & Housing page and fill out the housing application.
- Learn about Life in Shanghai to prepare for your transition to this new city.
- Read our Packing Tips before you start packing.
Important Contact at NYU Shanghai
At NYU Shanghai we have various departments that provide support for study away students. If you have specific questions, it is often more effective to contact the office directly. Check below the list of contacts of important offices for study away/visiting students. If you don’t know who to ask, you can always reach out to email@example.com.
NYU Shanghai Study Away Programs (W645)
- General inquiry
- Semester extracurricular activities, language peer mentor, excursion, etc.
NYU Shanghai Academic Advising(W532)
- Course registration and enrollment
Residential Education and Housing (W640)
- Housing application, housing assignments, and housing exemption
- Residence programming
- Residence hall safety
- Community standards
Student Health Center (4th floor West Building)
- Health insurance
- Counseling Services
- Health Promotion Programs
- Wellness Exchange 24/7 hotline: (021) 2059-9999
NYU Shanghai IT Services Center (N525)
- VPN connections
- Equipment loan
Click here to find other student services departments contact information.