Chinese Language Immersion Program Tuition and Costs
* Undergraduate Tuition: $3,784* per 8-credit course
* Program Administration Fee: $600
* Housing Fee (9 weeks): Double Room $1,399
* Registration And Services Fee: $412
* Confirmation Fee: Once accepted, confirm your participation in the program by paying a one time non-refundable confirmation fee of $500. This fee will be applied towards your tuition. This fee does not apply to NYU Shanghai degree seeking students.
* Books: All books and course materials will be available upon your arrival to Shanghai. A flat fee of $250 will be charged to all students for summer session books . However after the first week of courses, the book fee will be adjusted to reflect the actual book fee for your course(s).
Freeman Asia Scholarship: The Freeman-Asia scholarship is designed to support U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are undergraduate students based in the US, demonstrate financial need, and are planning to study overseas in East or Southeast Asia. The program's goal is to increase the number of U.S. citizens and permanent residents with first-hand exposure to and understanding of Asia and its people and cultures. Awards range from $3,000 per student for summer study and $5,000 per semester, to a maximum of $7,000 for a full year abroad. For more details on eligibility and on how to apply, please review the Freeman Asia website.
*This Scholarship is not open to NYU Shanghai Degree Seeking Students
Financial Aid for Summer Session(s):
US citizens/eligible non-citizens (NYU New York and Shanghai Students): Federal financial aid (i.e. federal Direct student/parent loan) is available during the summer session(s) for students enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits, who also have a valid FAFSA on file, and are otherwise eligible.
NYU Shanghai Students: At this time there is no institutional scholarship/grant aid available for summer session(s).
NYU Students from the New York campus: Please visit the financial aid website for additional information regarding financial aid options for summer session(s).
All Other Students (includes Visiting Students): Visiting students or current NYU students who are not eligible for federal financial aid will be able to seek out alternative loans. Students seeking alternative loans are encouraged to relay to their potential lender the number of credits they are taking and the type of student they are (i.e. in a degree or non-degree program at NYU) as lenders have different eligibility criteria.
NYU cannot recommend or endorse any particular private lender. Students are encouraged to research their options carefully. Please visit the financial aid website for more information about private (non-federal) alternative loans.
Students who decrease or cancel summer session enrollment or who do not attend will have their summer award adjusted or cancelled accordingly. This adjustment in financial aid may result in a balance on your bursar bill. Changes in enrollment affect the cost of attendance and the amount of aid that you are eligible to receive. Your financial aid cannot exceed your estimated cost of attendance.