A counselor or a physician should make a recommendation if a medical leave of absence is the appropriate choice for the student.
Deadline: the last day of classes - for current or future term
Things to Consider
- Health and Wellness - Are you experiencing a health concern that is interfering with your studies? Contact the Student Health Center for a recommendation about a medical leave.
- Academic - How will your academic progress and graduation plan be impacted? Schedule an appointment to discuss with your academic advisor.
- Financial - How will your financial aid or scholarship package be impacted? Contact the Financial Aid team to learn more. Check the Tuition Refund Policy and schedule.
- Housing - Do you need to cancel or move out of student housing? Contact the Residential Life team.
Request a Medical Leave of Absence
- Make an appointment with the Student Health Center to discuss taking a medical leave of absence.
- Submit the leave of absence request.
- The Dean of Students makes a decision on the leave of absence request.
- Receive an email confirmation once the leave has been approved.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss how the leave of absence will impact academic plan and degree progress.