NYU Shanghai students may pursue four different types of minors, including NYU Shanghai Minors, Global Network Minors, NYU Cross-school Minors, or Portal Campus Minors (aka. NYU Abu Dhabi Minors). Students may pursue more than one minor.
- A grade of C or better is required for a course to be counted toward a minor
- At least 12 credits of the minor must be unique to the minor. This means that the 12 credits are not being used to fulfill another, core curriculum, major or minor requirement.
Posting a Minor
- Students who have already completed all required courses for a minor, can request for the minor to be posted on their transcript.
- Graduating seniors (Fall and J-term): The deadline for posting a minor is 5 pm, October 28. Posting request(s) submitted after this deadline will be denied.
- Graduating seniors (Spring and Summer): The deadline for posting a minor is 5 pm, Friday, February 11 (Shanghai time). Posting request(s) submitted after this deadline will be denied.
Minor applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The approval, review, and posting process for a minor usually takes about one month.