Your NetID (Network IDentification) is the key to a multitude of NYU online resources, including email, NYUHome, and much more. The NetID is printed on the back of your NYU ID card and comprises a combination of your initials and a few random numbers, for example, aqe123.
Who is this service available to?
All employees and students are automatically provided with a NetID when they become part of the NYU family. To obtain a NetID for contractors and other affiliates, the hiring manager or invitee’s host must follow this guideline. However, it is important to note that all eligible Shanghai users, excluding students, MUST have a Workday profile to obtain a NetID.
Activating your NetID
See the Knowledge base on ServiceLink
NetID request form and FAQ
- NetID Request form
- Rules on changing your NetID
- Finding your NetID
- NetID activation instructions for alumni
- Global Affiliate NetIDs
- Changing Your NetID password
- Reset your NetID password
- Password requirements and security tips
- Password expiration notices
- Synchronizing your NetID password with Active Directory Password
- Differences between NetID passowrd and Google Apps password
- Service affected by a NetID or a Google Apps password change