Chen Wu-Wei, PhD (Communication University of China), 2011, is an Assistant Arts Professor of Interactive Media Arts and an affiliated faculty with the Center for Global Asia in the School of Arts and Science, NYU Shanghai. He is the author of Body As Echoes: Cyber Archiving of Dazu Rock Carvings (ISPRS Archive, vol XLII-2/W5, 121-124, 2017), co-author of Digital Cultural Heritage (ISBN: 978-3030151980. Springer, 2018), Digital Buddhology (IIAS Issue 79, Spring 2018), articles related to smart heritage, and an editorial board member of Computer System Networking and Telecommunications (2018). Prof. Chen previously worked on the digital documentation of selected caves and niches in the Dazu Rock Carvings. Currently, he is conducting field research at the Mogao Grottoes of Dun Huang, and will focus on the tangible/intangible cultural heritage of Solo, Borobudur and Jogia in Indonesia. Research site: www.bodyasechoes.com.
Prof. Chen's working experiences in the broadcast industry of New York and Taipei, and university educator career in Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai, allow him to conduct inter-disciplinary, cross-cultural conversations with professionals and academia. Also, as a practitioner of Chinese calligraphy, he continually practices the Wei Bei script to connect with the ancient wisdom of Chinese intellectuals.
- Digital Cultural Heritage, ISBN: 978-3030151980. Spring, 2019.
- Luo, D; Chen, W.-W., Digital Buddhology, IIAS Issue 79, Spring 2018.
- Body As Echoes: Cyber Archiving of Dazu Rock Carvings, ISPRS Archive, vol XLII-2/W5, 121-124 (2017).
- Digital Heritage and Innovative Collaborations, ACM Digital Library, ISBN: 978-1-4503-5578-0 (2017).
- Crafting for Spirituality : A Pedagogic Project for Digital Heritage, SIGGRAPH Asia 2016 Workshop, Conference proceedings (2016).
- Chen, W.-W.; Co-authors, 2009-2010 China Animation Industry Development Report, Hunan Fine Arts Publishing House, ISBN:9787535644947 (2011).
- New Frontier of Digital Publishing in Creative Education, Thesis of the 1st International Conference on Publishing Industry and Publishing Education in the Digital Age (2007).
- PhD, Communication
Communication University of China
- MFA, Computer Arts
Savannah College of Art and Design