NYU Shanghai is proud of its diverse and talented staff members, who work together to build and sustain this unique and pioneering institution of higher education in China. Join us to begin an exciting and fulfilling career at NYU Shanghai.
Welcome to NYU Shanghai
View current job openings at NYU Shanghai and apply online.
How do I apply for a full-time position at NYU Shanghai?
Please click here to learn how to log in and use the NYU Shanghai Career Site.
Can I apply for a staff position if I’m still a student?
Yes, students may apply if they will graduate within 6 months. If you will not graduate in less than six months, please check out our internship opportunities instead.
Who is eligible to apply for an internship?
- Chinese citizens (including residents of Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan) who are currently enrolled as full-time university students. Applicants should be 18 years or older.
- Foreign students in China must meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in a degree or exchange program at a school which is qualified to recruit foreign students in Shanghai. The internships should be relevant to the students’ majors.
- Obtain study residence permits from the Shanghai Exit-Entry Bureau.
- Obtain an official memo from the Shanghai Exit-Entry Bureau on their study residence permit, which includes internship location and duration.
- May not have more than one internship at one time.
May not be paid (except for transportation and meal allowances).Re-register to continue the internship every 6 months.
Can I submit applications for staff positions from other job boards or channels besides the NYU Shanghai Career Site?
Yes, but it is strongly recommended that you apply through our official career site. It will allow you to create a profile in our talent pool, update your resume and cover letter, see the status of your application, and set up Job Alerts to receive email notifications about new opportunities matching your career interest.
Can I apply for a staff position if I’m not a Chinese citizen?
Yes, but only if you are eligible to work in China and meet the job’s requirements. To learn more about Work Permit regulations and requirements in China, please visit this website.
Where can I find academic positions at NYU Shanghai?
Explore faculty and fellowship openings here.