Yuxin Chen is the Dean of Business and Distinguished Global Network Professor at NYU Shanghai. He also holds an affiliated appointment in the Department of Marketing at the NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business. Prior to joining NYU Shanghai, he was the Polk Brothers Professor in Retailing and Professor of Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He was also previously an Associate Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern. Dean Chen holds a PhD and an MSBA in Marketing from Washington University in St. Louis and a BS in physics from Fudan University.
Dean Chen's primary research areas includes areas such as Data-driven Marketing, Internet Marketing, Competitive Strategies, and Bayesian Econometric Methods. His research has appeared in publications such as Information Systems Research, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, Marketing Science, and Quantitative Marketing and Economics.
Dean Chen won the Frank M. Bass Dissertation Paper Award for the best marketing paper derived from a PhD thesis published in an INFORMS-sponsored journal, the 2001 John D.C. Little Award for the best marketing paper published in marketing science or management science for his research on targeted marketing, and the Paul E. Green Award for papers published at Journal of Marketing Research in 2012. In addition, he was a finalist for INFORMS Society for Marketing Science Long Term Impact Award in 2011.
Currently, Dean Chen serves as a Senior Editor of Marketing Science. Previously, he served as senior editor for the Journal of the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) and Customer Needs and Solutions. He was on the editorial board of the Journal of Marketing, International Journal of Research in Marketing, and Journal of Marketing Science. Professor Chen is also the director of Center for Business Education and Research. For more information about the center, please visit https://research.shanghai.nyu.edu/cber
- Data-driven Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Competitive Strategies
- Structural Empirical Models
- Bayesian Econometric Methods
- Yao Song, Wenbo Wang and Yuxin Chen (2016), “Channel Search and Welfare Implications of Commercial Breaks,” Journal of Marketing Research, forthcoming.
- Chen, Yuxin and Song Yao (2016), “Sequential Search with Refinement: Model and Application with Click-stream Data,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- Zhou, Jing, Yundong Tu, Yuxin Chen, and Hansheng W ang (2015), “Estimating Spatial Autocorrelation with Sampled Network Data”, Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Forthcoming.
- Qian, Yi, Qiang Gong and Yuxin Chen (2015), “Untangling Searchable and Experiential Quality Responses to Counterfeits,” Marketing Science, 34, 4, 522-538.
- Chen, Yuxin, Pradeep Bhardwaj and Sridhar Balasubramanian (2014), “The Strategic Implications of Switching Costs Under Customized Pricing,” Customer Needs and Solutions, 1, 3, 188–199.
- Chen, Yuxin and Ozge Turut (2013), “Context-Dependent Preferences and Innovation Strategy,” Management Science, 59, 12, 2747-2765.
- PhD, Marketing
Washington University in St. Louis, 1999
- MSBA, Marketing
Washington University in St. Louis, 1997
- BS, Physics
Fudan University, 1992