Offered in New York since 2012 and in Shanghai since 2016, the High School Academy is composed of a series of courses that allow students to explore a wide range of career options. Our one-week courses can be taken either individually or in combination for a broader experience that allows students to explore multiple complementary subjects. These courses also give high school students a competitive edge on their college applications by showing admissions officers that they have sought out study experiences that give them the knowledge and skills for success in a global academic world.
Click here for a complete listing of the High School Academy courses that will be offered in 2020.
Please Note: Acceptance to and participation in the High School Academy program has no direct impact or influence on admission to NYU or to NYU Shanghai.
- Applicant must be a high school student who has completed the 9th grade
- Open to students who are citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
- Open to students living in China with a foreign passport and valid Chinese residence permit
All class interactions will take place in English. Therefore, all students need to have a high intermediate level of English proficiency. Students who do not demonstrate this level of English in the classroom risk failure or dismissal from the program. Students should be able to:
- Use discussion skills to lead and participate in group projects and discussions in English
- Express their opinion both verbally and in written form in English
- Easily understand the main idea in messages, lectures, and presentations on a variety of topics related to personal interests and studies, and identify and understand some details
Ideal candidates will have a 3.0 (80% or equivalent) grade point average in their most recent year of school.
Interested in more information? Click here to connect with us!
NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai High School Academy