Conferences are the building blocks of academic life, giving students and academics a space to try out new ideas, present ongoing research, and meet colleagues in your area of study and across related fields.
The Presentation at Academic Conference (PAC) grant awards limited funding for approved undergraduates at NYU Shanghai who have been selected to present at an academic conference related to their area of study. The purpose of these grants is to encourage and assist student presentations at academic conferences related to his/her goals by offsetting some of the required costs of travel and lodging.
Any one student may receive only one travel award per academic year. The award is not guaranteed, may not cover the full cost, and requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Students presenting as a group must apply as individuals, and it is possible not all members of a group will receive a grant. All grant recipients are required to present their research at the Undergraduate Research Symposium at the end of the academic year.
Students apply for the award by submitting the items below to their Academic Advisor. Applications received by the 15th of a month will know the outcome of their request by the 1st of the next month.
1. A budget indicating the amount of funding requested and specific expenses the grant would cover, if awarded.
2. A letter of intent, no more than 500 words, explaining why this conference will benefit your academic and/or professional objectives.
3. A resume or curriculum vitae.
4. A document confirming your acceptance to present at the conference.
5. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or advisor attesting to the quality of your work and the benefit of attending the conference.