The following provisions of this NYU Shanghai Regulations on Transportation and Parking on Campus are adopted for the purpose of facilitating the safe and orderly traffic and parking of vehicles within the NYU Shanghai campus in line with the principle of “Safety First and Precaution Crucial” by taking accounts the actual environment within the campus:
I. All NYU Shanghai faculty and staff members have to hold “NYU Shanghai Parking Permit” (hereinafter referred to as Parking Permit) to gain access to and to park on the campus for their private vehicles and vehicles owned by the University. Parking Permits will not be issued to NYU/NYU Shanghai portal or study away students.
II. Visitors will be issued an “NYU Shanghai Temporary Parking Permit” at the University Gate on Songlin Road in order to park on campus by submitting the valid vehicle license of this exact vehicle at the time of entry, which will be returned to the owner in exchange of the “NYU Shanghai Temporary Parking Permit” when leaving the University. “NYU Shanghai Temporary Parking Permit” shall only be used on the current day of issue.
III. During after-hours (Monday through Friday, 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) and on weekends, vehicles of visitors are not allowed to access the campus. Exceptions have to be verified by the gate guards with the department(s) expecting visitors. With identity verification and registration, the visitors will be issued an “NYU Shanghai Temporary Parking Permit” by submitting the valid vehicle license of this exact vehicle.
IV. Parking at the NYU Shanghai campus is available in the Garage on B2 by following the principle of first come, first served. It is strictly prohibited to park vehicles around the academic building, in the park, or in any above ground areas within the campus.
V. Requirements and procedures for applying “NYU Shanghai Parking Permit”
1. Application Form and hard copy of vehicle license in addition to checking the original copy are required for vehicles owned by the University.
2. Application Form, hard copy of the vehicle license in addition to checking the original copy, NYU Shanghai ID Card, are required for vehicles privately owned by faculty and staff. No application form is needed if the applicant is the holder of the vehicle license. In principle, one employee is entitled for one permit.
3. Application Form, hard copy of valid contract, hard copy of vehicle license in addition to checking the original copy are required for vehicles of partner units of NYU Shanghai to apply for one temporary parking permit.
4. Application Form signed or stamped by the relevant departmental heads, Application Form, hard copy of valid contract, and hard copy of vehicle license in addition to checking the original copy are required for the vehicles of contractors to apply for the temporary parking permit. With the completion of the contracted projects, the relevant departments shall collect the temporary parking permit and return it to Public Safety. One-off delivery by vehicle shall be reported to Public Safety on work day in advance by the relevant department.
5. Trainees of executive training programs to our campus is required to register for parking by the organizer who should collect all the required information and documents (Application Form, hard copy of the vehicle license) and submit to Public Safety for applying for Temporary Parking Permit at least 10 work days prior to the program. After the training program ends, the organizer shall collect all the Temporary Parking Permit and return them to Public Safety.
Note: In principle, the management cost and service fee is 60 yuan per day for one vehicle, which will be included into cost of service by Campus and Facilities.
6. All departments and individuals are required to submit false to Public Safety. Parking Permit Application Form can be downloaded false.
VI. Operational Time
1. Public Safety processes the applications of “NYU Shanghai Temporary Parking Permit” for the following academic years in July of the current year.
2. “NYU Shanghai Temporary Parking Permit” will be renewed on an annual basis. And the valid period is from August 1st of the current year to September 31st of the following year.
3. Public Safety processes the applications of “NYU Shanghai Parking Permit” during 8：30AM—5:30PM, Monday to Friday.
VII. All University (Temporary) Parking Permits are the sole property of NYU Shanghai Department of Public Safety. They may be used only by the registered permit holder(s) and may not be sold or transferred to anyone else, at any time. Use by anyone other than the registered permit holder(s) may be considered fraud or theft of services. Anyone who intentionally provides false information to receive a parking permit or other Transportation Services benefit, or who uses a lost, stolen, forged, altered, photocopied or counterfeited permit may lose his or her right to hold a parking permit or receive any other transportation benefit for a period to be determined solely by Public Safety. Additionally, said person’s vehicle will be subject to citation, immobilization and/or impound.
This regulation shall go into effect as of August 1st, 2014. Public Safety reserves the final interpretation of this Regulation.
VIII. Contact Information:
Questions/comments regarding any provisions of these Rules and Regulations should be directed in writing to: email@example.com