During emergencies, the latest information will be communicated through blast messages via email and text to mobile devices.
If you have an NYU NET ID, you will automatically get email alerts. To receive emergency text messages, you must provide a cell phone number. To change or enter your cell phone number or email, follow the steps below to update your information.
If you are an NYU student, update your cell phone number or email by taking the following steps:
- log into NYUHome
- go to Albert, Student Center, Personnel Information, Contact Information, and click on the "Email/Cell Phone/Fax" link under the "Personal Profile" section.
If you are an NYU faculty or staff, update your cell phone number or email by taking the following steps:
- Log into NYUHome
- Select the Work Tab
- Select the workday Login
- Once logged in, click on your name on the upper right hand corner, and select View Profile
- Select the Contact tab under the “Personal” tab and click Edit
- For Home Contact information, update your address and phone numbers as needed. All details are kept confidential and will not be published.
- For Work Contact information, you may edit or add an additional work cell phone but the Primary Work Location, Phone, and Email Address should not be edited as these are automatically updated.