Students applying to NYU Shanghai from outside of China must follow the instructions below if they wish to be considered for financial aid.
The College Scholarship Service/Financial Aid PROFILE
The CSS/PROFILE is required of all applicants, regardless of citizenship, who would like to be considered for financial aid, including any scholarships and grants from NYU Shanghai. Note that students with divorced, separated, or unmarried biological parents will also need to submit the CSS/Noncustodial Parent PROFILE (or the CSS/Noncustodial Parent PROFILE waiver request with supporting documentation) by the deadlines specified below to be considered for institutional scholarships and grants. Chinese nationals applying to NYU Shanghai (using the Gaokao to qualify for admission) should not complete the CSS PROFILE.
- Click here to begin and submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
- Click here to begin and submit the CSS/Noncustodial Parent PROFILE (if applicable).
- Students needing a Noncustodial Parent PROFILE Waiver request should contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The New York University CSS school code number is 2785.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
NYU Shanghai is approved by the US Department of Education to provide federal financial aid to eligible students who are US citizens or official permanent residents of the United States. Therefore, all US citizens or official permanent resident applicants who would like to be considered for financial aid must submit the FAFSA in addition to the CSS/Profile form.
- Click here to begin and submit the FAFSA.
- You must list New York University as a recipient and include our federal school code number (002785) when completing your FAFSA.
- The 2017-2018 FAFSA will be available as of October 1, 2016. Use of the Data Retrieval Tool is preferred whenever possible.
Freshman Applicants Financial Aid Deadlines
|Early Decision I||Early Decision II||Regular Decision|
|Financial Aid Deadline||November 15*||January 15*||February 15|
|Noncustodial Profile (if applicable)||November 20||January 20||February 20|
*The FAFSA (NYU school code 002785) is required for federal financial aid and NYU scholarship consideration for all US citizens and permanent residents applying to NYU Shanghai. Early Decision admitted students who file the FAFSA by the stated deadline will receive a financial aid package that includes federal financial aid eligibility at the time of admission. Those Early Decision admitted students who file the FAFSA after the stated deadline will have their federal aid eligibility awarded upon receipt of the FAFSA. Use of the Data Retrieval Tool is preferred whenever possible.